Saturday 22 October 2016

Dear (Probable Ex) Best Friend

Dear Best Friend from my Old School,

Hey. It's been long since I last spoke to you. And it has been even longer since we last met. I still remember all of our random talks and all our meaningless jokes. But it doesn't really replicate the joy I used to feel when we were together. Remember how much we used to enjoy on Children's Day? We'd comment on other students' dresses, and drool over how cute other people looked. You, especially. I still remember that one Children's Day when we were talking weird stuff about the class topper's dress colour without realising that she was right behind us. Man. That day was so much fun!!
Moreover, you used to start freaking out weeks before Children's Day. You'd pester me trying to find out what I was going to wear to school on that day. We always wanted to match clothes, didn't we? Remember? Our teacher once confused you for me because of the same clothes we were wearing!!
But it has been a year since we shifted schools. And I barely get to talk to you. How long has it been since we met? Are we even going to talk to eachother anymore? Remember your favourite quote from your idol, Chacha Nehru? It went, "The only alternative to co-existence is co-destruction." I think co-existence suits us better than co-destruction.
You loved Children's Day, didn't you? That last time we met was on Children's day too. Let's reconcile on your favourite Day, please?
I love you <3

From Your Best Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment