Sunday 5 June 2016

Shadows Of The Light

So let's take a tiny break from articles.
Here's a poem (a metaphorical ballad) I just wrote :D

This is a story of some time ago,

When it was 7 in the morning, and the sunrise was quite a show.
We were smaller then, that was the day we first bloomed,
"We shall grow up together!", well, that's what we assumed.
Our leaves were fragile, we had to be careful
The world was a devil, we had to be cheerful;
Our kind would come, our kind would go,
And it was up to us to stay without woe.
"Woe for what?", if that's what you ask,
Staying together was a scary task-
I say, scary, because,
Anyone could come and shatter our clause.
Time passed by, we grew up fine,
And then, we were both big and inclined;
To each other's thoughts, to each other's minds,
But slowly our keys started to unwind.
Strong gusts entered, those gusts of intrusion,
With the horrible aim of setting up an illusion:
They said to my comrade, "Come with us,
We will introduce you to a friendlier buzz."
Those evil gusts were the gusts of envy,
Sent by a group of a silent frenzy;
But my poor comrade, she didn't pay heed,
And went away with the gusts of greed.
A while passed, I was left all alone,
Until help came, from a hand unknown,
Another friend, another lonely soul,
Came to this poor, poor young foal.
My comrade still talks to me, she really does,
But I don't know if she really wants my buzz,
She's friendly though, I'm happy for her,
She has seemingly found someone she prefers.
As for me, I have a new friend,
Someone who knows how bad it is when old friendships end;
I'm happy although, because I know it is not far,
Before my old comrade will return to her star.

No comments:

Post a Comment