Tuesday 2 August 2016

Be Yourself, Not Others' Selfie!

Exactly a month after my last post, here's a poem that has surprisingly fetched me a prize in a competition with loads of competition (pun intended) :O
It's called Be Yourself, Not Others' Selfie!, and is basically about how teens tend to change their personalities because of their friends, or other situations. And yes. As all my writings, it is inspired by my experience. So here's how it goes!

I never really liked the teens who were 'blah'.
The teens, you know, who treated excessive weight as 'Alas!'
The teens who chuck attitude, boast about their fame's longitude-
Those teens were never meant to be my type.
But one fine day, I found myself away,
Away in the lost world of 'Meh',
It struck to me there. in my mind unaware,
Being 'blah' could just be my next dare.
I started hating being 'stout', my smile turned into a pout,
My mirror was now my new best friend;
It started getting worse, my life was an empty purse,
My soul was darkening, as if by a curse.
I couldn't be myself, fashion was my guide,
And I don't know why, but my self was taking strides-
Away from me, the soul that nurtured it,
And Oh! I was not ready for this dangerous fit!
It took my angel a while to come,
She said indirectly, "Being Yourself is much more fun!"
I didn't listen at first, but I slowly did,
I slowly realised that my 'la' by my 'blah' was being hid.
It did take me some time to rediscover my 'la',
My 'la', to tell you this, was being myself, and my earlier bliss,
But I found her at length, she was safe and sound,
Waiting for me in the land of wisdom, she was very profound.
Good won over evil, my 'la' won the war,
She defeated my 'blah', she returned to her rotten star,
The angel rescued me, she couldn't stand the 'not-her-type' me-
Because at last, it is you who you should be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment