Tuesday 9 August 2016

Doublessssssss

5:15pm. Veer's dinner time (He's my dog, by the way). Mumma and Veer went out to get his food, and I sat inside, eating pasta at the dining table. And then, chaos. Mumma shouted to my grandma from outside- "Security Koopdinga!!". That means 'call the security', in Tamil, actually. She had apparently spotted a small snake lying in front of Veer's room. From that moment onwards begun the entire episode of what I'd call, 'Freakish Awesomeness'.
So here's what happened. Mum spotted a tiny cobra, grandmom called the security. I was jumping, literally. Veer started getting anxious. The poor boy saw the potential source of danger to his family, but didn't know what it was. First time, you see. But his bravery didn't let me sit in peace. And to make his anxiousness better, Dad returned just then. Veer looked at me- "Akka, won't you tell me what's going on? I wanna be sure that you all are safe." Just then, my excitement doubled.
Dad spotted another cobra slithering from my cycle towards the UPS. I went Ahhhhhhh!! Grandma was going out at that time to inform Dad, but she got the shock of her life when Dad shouted- "Paambu!!"
So then what? I had to choose between taking care of my bro and witnessing the capture of a giant cobra. I had already seen our driver catching a small one earlier, and I could in no way miss this. Yea, I am a selfish sister; I accept it. But Veer is mature now na. So I ditched my brother to catch the glimpse of the ordeal outside.

That's the cobra on the left <---

Zoooooom, I ran outside the front door. Three securities had gathered outside. They had apparently caught the small one before I went out ( :( ), and were slowly moving towards the UPS, where the beautiful golden-scaled cobra had taken refuge. It took a good deal of 10 minutes to get the Naja naja out of its safe compartment in the UPS. Bamboo sticks, a long pipe fitted into a sack, and an air of excited nervousness in the garage. It was 5:25.
Then it all happened. Everyone tried getting the snake out using a really long bamboo stick. The hiss was almost deafening. Poor angry cobra! It was being hindered when it was in peace. But bruh! A safer place for you is not behind the battery, it is at the eucalyptus forest behind the development!!
Another 5 minutes passed. It was 5:30. The snake was still confused. It didn't know what to do. It had come out by now, but the 8 people around it were seemingly freaking it out. A huge pipe in front of it, and people around. Looked as though it would kill anyone, anytime.
I don't remember what happened in the next 25 minutes. I only remember watching as it slithered in and out of its secret refuge. I was lucky enough to get a small glimpse of it now and then.
At last, after a 45 minute episode of eye-to-eye contact with the snake, it slowly slithered into the pipe and into the sack in which lay its tiny comrade. Security took it away.
Another event that's gonna beautifully haunt my dreams for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment