Friday 26 May 2017

Conquered by the Flare

“Newt”.
My heart sank when Janson read out my name.
How long would I live now?
A year? Or two? Less than that?
I knew this all along.
I never listened to the head that told me
That I wasn’t a Munie.
What am I gonna do?
Tommy, please don’t look at me that way.
You never trusted WICKED.
So why do it now?
I don’t wanna see you this way, Tommy.
Minho, you too.
You’re the only family I have left.
I don’t see Lizzie- Sonya as much as I used to.
So what if he says the Flare’s gonna eat me up?
Just wait and watch as I eat it up instead.
What? You don’t trust me?
I love you, Tommy. You’re one hell of a brother.
I knew that right since when you were the Greenie
Who’s gonna call you a shank- or klunk-faced if I’m gone?
Don’t say Minho.
Cuz’ no one can do that the way I do.
Like, Newt is Newt, you know?
Gally killed Chuck.
No, WICKED killed Chuck.
We’ll avenge that shuck-faced kid together.

But, you know what?
I won’t live that long.
No, the Flare’s not gonna kill me.

You will, Tommy, you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment