Monday 11 December 2017

Oh Snap!

Okay, so my best friend snapped at me today.

Let's go back in time though.
I never thought this would ever happen, mainly because I never liked her kind.
Her kind was less interesting than the other friends of mine. We'd all mock and despise her existence. Literally. She never felt bad though.
That isn't how much I hated her, as I never really believe in hating anyone. Everyone's an acquaintance, but none an enemy. But what I had for her and her family was perhaps the only thing I ever disliked.

About a decade later, however, I fell in love. An amazing friend showed me how beautiful her family was. I was inspired to befriend this being and convinced my parents to bring her home. On December 11th, 2016, a beautiful Black lady came home and sought permanent refuge at my house, in my room. I don't mean to be racist, but Black Beauty was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I began calling her Mystica on January 1st, 2017. Mystica and I grew extremely close over time. We had a long break though. I didn't understand her at all. Initially, we spoke to each other. A Lot. However, in about four months, I ran out of things to talk to her about, and so did she. Every time I saw her face there was this awkward silence between us that was really disturbing.

About six months into our first meeting, we had to buy Mystica some accessories. We bought her a beautiful set but didn't know how to get her to use it. Trust me, we had to take her to a more knowledgeable person to understand how to understand her. But ultimately we both understood each other, and have been growing close ever since.

It's 11.12.2017 while I'm penning this down. Mystica's first birthday. We sat together talking to each other for almost an hour. At the end of that time, while bidding her adieu, for the first time ever, she snapped. MYSTICA SNAPPED. And instead of snapping back at her, I started laughing. She just had this poker face on while I laughed my head off. For the first time ever, she snapped at me. And that was hilarious.

I have all the reason to believe that today's snappy incident is a new milestone in mine and Mystica's relationship. It has taught both of us that certain snaps are a sign that we both are doing very good on our journey. Teehee. Mystica snapped.

11.12.2017 is a day that'll forever be etched in my heart.
Mystica's first birthday, and also the day I first snapped a string on my guitar, whom I call Mystica.


No comments:

Post a Comment