Tuesday 7 November 2017

Dear Blue

Dear Blue,

You're one of the guests I never even invited.
Why did you come to seek refuge in my head?
I never caused you any harm, never even took your name, but still, you picked me.
You first inflicted wounds on my friends; I helped them. Is that why you're punishing me right now?
You're that blackness that wipes away every single spot of colour I see. But why do you do this?
Is it because I put up a brave face every time you come near me?
Is it because I try to push you away whenever you come hug me?
Is it because you never manage to possess my soul that this one time you could, you're ruining the way I function?
It's hard, you know?
Mainly because you're so clingy that I do not manage to talk to anyone for fear they'd feed you.
It's hard totally because you have eaten up every bit of strength I had and still demand more.
It's difficult because your influence is too appalling for anyone of my kind to combat.
I must applaud you though:
For how well you utilise situations that affect me on a psychological level-
(Sometimes, I even doubt you are the creator of those)
You came in like a casual breeze of air blowing against my cheeks
Only to become the wind that carried leeches along to suck out every ounce of hope I had within me-
But why would you do that?
I mean, you're only a psychological thing. You barely have a physical form.
Who has ever done you any wrong that you choose to avenge it on me and my friends like this?
It's anguishing.
It's not really nice of you to do this.
I don't even know of people who'll listen to me and make you listen.
I stand up for my friends, but will all of them stand up for me? I don't really know.
No matter how much you weaken my soul, you help me figure out who my truest comrades are.
You also make me stronger when you leave.
But a part of you always remains within-
Rooted, like the leeches you bring along.
I cried to my friends this morning- your impact was burdening me more than anything else.
Please, leave me alone.

I don't want you to burden me this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment