Friday 7 August 2015

Joyous Sorrow

Hey there! So this time I'm here with a poem. This one's about the journey from depression to joy, and yes, it also marks my return to writing poems after a long break. It's called "Joyous Sorrow" (reason being depression is sorrowful and is also the path to a joyous future). Hope you like it!! :D

As the day goes down, and darkness fills the sky,
There's a sad sort of wailing, in my heart, dunno why;
People tell me "chill", and I know that I will,
After all, this is not going to kill-
I crushed my pillow, hugged my teddy tight,
Let me ask you this- have you ever seen this sight?
Where there are floods in a bed, and sorrow in your head,
And life just seems so dead...
My heart questioned why, my mind said die,
My conscience said all this was fie,
But feelings said no, you must and should go,
Get up and stop this ado.
"Okay", said I, I was all ready to fly-
To fly, into the sky,
And now, here I am, to begin again,
This life, as fresh as thine.



No comments:

Post a Comment