Sunday 1 November 2015

It's So Awkward!!!

Have you ever experienced the feeling of talking to someone after like hell lot of time? And by talking, I don't mean the new and modern 'texting', I rather mean face to face, using this natural gift called the 'mouth'. It does feel strange. Very strange indeed.
I, personally, have experienced this 'awkwardness'. I shifted- in the recent past- to a place rather far from where I used to live earlier. It meant that I'd had to go to a new school, meet new people, and.. yea, lead a new and different life. But what I did not expect was something rather astonishing. Believe me when I say that to this day, I can not believe this has happened to me. The friends with whom I used to spend hours on the phone with seem like 'strangers'. Well, we still are on friendly, actually, 'best friendly' terms; nothing has changed. But what makes me feel strange is the fact that we have completely forgotten how to speak on the phone. We chat for hours on FaceBook and stuff, but it seems s hard to spend even five minutes on the phone or on Skype.
Don't you find this strange? I mean, technology has become a necessity rather than a luxury. Sir Albert Einstein feared 'The day when technology would surpass human interaction'. The bitter truth is, that is the world we live in today! Forget manners and other acts of civility- we've completely forgotten how to talk! And that is so depressing.
Lemme keep this short. Just talk- because that is what is widening the gap between people. And that is gonna become the root cause to what will later become the headlines of every day in our diaries of life- "NO ONE''S TALKING TO ME!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment