Saturday 20 February 2016

C-L-E-A-N-U-P

I'm quite a messy student. Every time I study something, I'm too lazy to, you know, put my books back in my cupboard. So I just leave them on my desk. I do pretty much the same thing with my toys and stuff. I take them out, play with them for an hour or two, and once I'm done, I stuff them into a corner, maybe on my bed in such a way that my parents can't see it (LOL), And, yea. They lie there so long as two things happen- either I get pissed off with seeing them there, orrr, obviously, my parents find out.

A similar thing happened to me, just recently. My books were on my table for like, say, three weeks, and my mother was pretty sick of asking me to put them back in. So after like many rounds of reminding me to clean it up, my mum gave me this pissed off look that made me do it. Yes, lazy as I was, I stood up to clean my desk!!

Well, I shouldn't just say, I stood up to clean my desk. You know how a computer table looks, don't you? Well, my table looks something like the one in the picture. There's a couple of drawers, as you can see, and the top one in my drawer is home to my diary, a couple of pens, some keychains, and other such partly useless stuff. That desk makes me go OMG every time I open it. It's so messy and... You know, unbearable. But a lazy child like me never wants to clean it up!!

So yea, back to my 'cleaning' session. So I get off my bed, preparing to spend 30 minutes of my precious time cleaning up my stuff. I get up, stretch for about a minute, and walk reluctantly towards my poor table calling out to me- "Help! I wanna see the light!!" I pick up my books and arrange them in my cupboard, whining all along. That takes about, say, ten minutes. Next up, my drawer- that stuffed up little box always gets on my nerves.

I hear a voice in my head- "Harini, you're supposed to eliminate some of the useless stuff from this drawer today." And I'm all like, "Aha." 
As I have described earlier, my drawer is home to pretty much everything I don't use a lot, except for my diary. I have some 4-5 of them arranged one above the other- the diaries I've been confiding in for about 5 years now- and they look pretty disorganised amidst the chaotic situation of the stuff around them. I pick up my pen stand, take out the keychains from far inside, and keep them on my bed, saying to myself, "Baby, it's cleaning time!"
The next problem is, "Where's the paper??" I really need some to check how many of my pens actually write, don't I? I again shift lazily to my cupboard, pick up some paper, and there I am, back at the side of my bed. So, I pick up the first pen, try writing with it. 
'This writes fine.'
Next pen.
'This does not write? But I have so many memories with it! I wrote my first poem with it! Sooo, I'll keep it.
Next pen. It writes. Another one, okay, it writes. Ahaaaa; this pen does not write. But....
I guess you can continue that. So this process goes on and on, and I end up keeping back 12 pens back in the pen stand. The twist here is, I started off with 12 pens. LOL.

Then comes my diaries. I wanna put a few of them inside the cupboard. I can't put in the one I'm using now, so lemme see what my other diaries hold.
So I pick up one diary, and start reading it. 
"New Year's Day," it reads, "I went out with my friends and met my favourite actor." Wow! I can't throw this inside!! 
Next diary. 
"100% in my exams!!" No way! This shall not leave my drawer!!
Again, this process continues.

Then comes my favourite part. My keychain and a pair of gloves that don't fit me now. I waste about fifteen minutes trying to fit my huge fingers into those tiny gloves. My dog comes in. "Ha ha ha, now I have an idea!!"
I start running behind the poor little canine who just came into my room cuz' he hadn't seen me for like an hour. No matter how much he tries running away from me, I don't give up. After a chase that lasted about 15 minutes, I succeed in irritating him with a glove on his head. He's waiting for me to get it off, and ends up becoming the model for another stupid post on FaceBook.

"Harini!! Are you done cleaning or not?"
"I'm done Ma!! Just... No, I'm done!!"
And I rush into my room, stuff everything back into my drawer, and go downstairs to watch a movie. 

My desk's all happy, but my poor drawer's all like, "I hate you."


No comments:

Post a Comment