Thursday 31 December 2015

Connection

Have you ever experienced a weird *connection* without which your life would've been incomplete? Yes? Then I'd call you lucky . You haven't? Hmm, just pray you do! Because without experiencing that feeling, you'd kind of die without living the reason you came into this world with. You must be thinking I'm talking about love. But no! This *connection* I'm talking about is something more than just love. It's called *trust*. And I'm actually the lucky kind I was talking about earlier. But I think what makes me luckier is the fact that I have experienced this *connection* with a being very different. A being that was canine. 

Just another day in my life, I was walking with my school bag, with a box of biscuits in my hand. No, I wasn't gonna eat them. They were for a very sweet friend. I called her Whitey- after all, she was a white coloured stray dog, the sweetest one I've ever befriended!!
Two minutes had passed before I found the friend I'd been searching for. She was sitting outside a house towards the end of the lane. Going towards her, I fairly realised that I was about to experience something more pleasing than all worldly pleasures. 
As everyday, I started feeding her. All of a sudden, a chihuahua came into the lane, pulling its master along. Oh God, it was barking as though it was about to tear something into pieces!! I wasn't really worried about the 'villain' suddenly entering the scene of two friends meeting, but it turned out that Whitey freaked out. I would expect any other dog to just run away if it was scared in such a situation, but Whitey turned out to be different. No, she didn't jump around in panic. She rushed behind my legs instead. She hid there.
I felt the connection. Within a fraction of a second, the entire scene had changed. Just a moment ago, I was feeding Whitey her daily treat. And now, her safety was my responsibility. If something happened to her, I would never be able to forgive myself.
But the twist in this tale is that nothing really happened. The barking dog was just pulled by its master away from the scene. I did feel a little funny. Because I had to protect my little canine friend, but at the same time, I didn't have to. 
So yea, the next second, we both returned to our daily life. I fed her some more biscuits. Then, understanding that we'd meet again in the evening, she just walked back into her daily life. And I walked back into mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment