Friday 11 December 2015

My Brother.

I always wanted a brother- someone who'd lend me a shoulder to cry on, someone who I could spend my time with. This was probably one among my deepest wishes, and it finally came true on 29th June 2010.
I still remember- it was around 9 pm, and I was busy watching my favourite TV show, the one I'd never miss, no matter what the case be. But that night, I found myself busy climbing up and down the stairs- I could miss neither the first glimpses of my brother nor the semi-finals of my TV show!
He'd squeal every moment. He'd drink from his feeding bottle. I still remember that I had to lend him my finger so that he could lick his milk from it! Shopping for him, buying him cosy towels to sleep with- ah! How I wish he'd become a baby again!
Time flew; he became one, then two. He'd started getting naughtier. He'd tear apart all newspapers. He'd peep out of his 'bed' once he'd gotten up from his slumber. He'd drop me at my bus-stop, he'd welcome me back home from school, jumping with great joy.
26th June 2013. He became three. He got toys, he got more affection. Undoubtedly, he'd become naughtier. He started getting closer to me and ignored me when my father was around. He actually became mean, just like a brother would behave with his sister. Nevertheless, we started growing closer.
Now he's five (2015). We shifted to a new home just some months ago. He did have a lot of difficulties in adjusting, but with some 'sisterly affection', I managed to bring him back on track. And all that time spent together has actually made us inseparable siblings!!
My brother. He's brown, with brown eyes, and long ears. He's tall and simply loves his family.
My brother- he's a dog.










That's him now, he's 7 years old <3
----->



5 comments:

  1. True Harini.The love shown by the pet is not comparable to anything in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww i already knew it was a dog :'( your bro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww i already knew it was a dog :'( your bro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ! The last line made me go "aah".
    Well written ! You know how to express emotions tactfully, by hiding them between the lines, a knack few comprehend and even fewer master !

    ReplyDelete